Problem with try and catch

Khadija EL MAHRSI khadija.elmahrsi at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 22:05:46 CEST 2012

Thank you for taking the time to consider my problem.

2012/6/29 jorge.pelizzoni at gmail.com <jorge.pelizzoni at gmail.com>

> 1 - you get that warning when trying to unpickle MyClass, right?

I'm guessing the warning is rather caused by some other class which uses
the RemoteClass instance (This other class needs one of RemoteClass'
attributes to assign it to one of its own attributes). I assume the error
occurs because the RemoteClass instance isn't created correctly because of
the problem with the pickle.

> 2 - do you mean you have successfully unpickled it in a different
> application and also instantiated it?

Yes.

> 3 - currently everything is running on the same machine?

Yes.

> 4 - in the final system, will the producer application of MyClass and its
> consumer app (where RemoteClass reside) be running concurrently?

I'm sorry but I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean. All I can say
is that the different instances (whether it is RemoteClass, MyClass or
anything else) are running independently. If I understood your question,
I'd say yes.

> 5 - what exactly are you pickling in MyClass.ozf? A class or a functor
> exporting the class? In the latter case, make sure you apply the functor
> before trying to access the class and instantiate it.

It's the second case and I used Module.apply to be able to create instances
of MyClass.

> 6 - any chance you show us some actual code?

The problem with this is that the code is quite big and complicated which
is why I tried to isolate the problem. However, I might be able to show a
specific part of the code if requested.