Gump

Torsten Anders torsten.anders at beds.ac.uk
Tue Oct 30 23:27:54 CET 2012

> the new parser is based on a PEG/Packrat parser written purely in Oz. The grammar and its associated semantic actions are written in Oz. The Packrat engine will be available at the developer level, so that you can use it for your DSL's.

Sounds like this is all I need :)  Rewriting existing grammars should be fine.

Unfortunately, ozh (the javadoc complement) is then also gone, because it depends on Gump. But once we have a full grammar of the Oz language itself then it would in principle be possible to port ozh.

BTW: as the Oz parser itself is defined in Oz, does this mean we already have a full grammar of the Oz language itself? Would it also be possible to define extensions of the Oz syntax by extending this grammar?

Thanks!

Best wishes,
Torsten

--